Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cross Country

Finally after 365 days, we had our annual cross country again. Little flags and cones was placed around the running track, tents were also set up for shelter after the run. I wore my old running shoes, took 2 helpings of breakfast, and set off to school.

People were seen in their PE shirts, which is quite rare during school days. Shoes of various colours and patterns are also present, not scared of our disciplinary teacher anymore. No one sang the national anthem properly, and the warm-up was just a stroll around our seats.

We almost got to the track when they announced the sec1 to get ready. Time really flies........ seems like yesterday i got lost in this amazingly ENORMOUS campus. We laughed at ourselves and wait for our turn to run.We waited. And waited. And waited. Looking at other people finishing the race, i felt impatient. After seemingly ages we finally get to run.

PITT! We started running. I ignored my old shoe which was loosening out and tried to find my friend. Almost. My shoe finally ran free, and i had to turn back getting it amid laughters from others. It was a difficult one having to run longer than last year and a loose shoe, which i felt lazy to tie. A big mistake. I couldn't run in the end and got a not-so-good results. Perhaps 30 is okay?

Drenched with sweat, my and my friend went to have a drink at the Milo truck. Bad actions was seen: cutting Q, pushing and filling up bottles. Unfortunately, i did that also (felt a little guilty now :p) with just a few cups as teachers are seen lurking around.......but not understanding how i got 10 cups which filled my belly.

Interesting day got me, even though i was little tired after going back, i hope i could run faster than today (20mins?)

1 comment:

  1. Yes time indeed flies, the time when we were sec one and now we are sec two! I remember then, my cross country was 55th even though I was a competitor, which is a ba result. After a yer of canoeing training, my ranking shot up to 9th which was almost unbelievable, try
    to aim harder for next years run and clock a better timing!^^

    ReplyDelete